While the sponge is best used with the Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm (cleanse and then follow the directions below), you can just add water and use it on its own.
- Rinse before use and then gently massage until the sponge has absorbed the water.
- Use the sponge in circular motions, it can be used alone as it is naturally 8.4 pH balanced or with a small amount of cleanser if you wish.
- Rinse sponge after use (do not wring) and hang in a well ventilated area to dry. Don't leave your sponge soaking in water.
- The sponge will harden when dry. Re-hydrate in warm water before use again.
- Weekly sterilisation is recommended by submerging the sponge in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. This can be in a saucepan or in the microwave. Never handle the hot sponge and be sure to rinse it in cold water and let it cool to a safe temperature before touching it. Squeeze out the water and hang to dry.
- When it starts to show wear just throw it in the compost or put it in the dirt under a potplant where it will help retain mositure as it decomposes. Your sponge should last around 2 months.
Caution: Use only as directed and if you experience irritation please discontinue use.